Licorice Root has a sweet taste and may help soft in the throat and to relax. Licorice root is often used as a sweetener in beverages, candy, and medicine.
Benefits of Licorice Root:
- 50 times naturally sweeter than sugar, but provides health benefits that sugar does not!
- Proven to reduce body fat, heal stomach ulcers & fight infections
- Licorice root contains over 300 chemical compounds and flavonoids.
- Licorice root is often used as a sweetener in beverages, candy, and medicine.
- Licorice root’s phytochemicals slow down viral replication and hinder bacterial growth.
How to prepare Licorice Root tea: Boil 1 teaspoon per cup for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain and drink. Avoid during pregnancy.
Licorice Root Approximate weight: 100gr. The weight varies depending on the density of the herb.