Herbs & Donkeys Festival
Cyherbia Botanical Park hosts a special day out for families with Golden Donkeys at their farm in Skarinou village.
The Herbs & Donkeys festival is a celebration of combining the endemic cypriot herbs and animals.
Locals, tourists and families get to visit the beautiful Skarinou village and enter the Golden Donkeys farm.
What you can expect:
- Enjoy taking part in educational workshops
- Browse the stalls with traditional cypriot crafts and delicatessen
- Cyherbia’s Team will show you their herbal products collection and you can taste herbal tea
- Try freshly made donkey’s milk and feel the softness of body creams and lotions made of donkey milk on your skin
- Herbalist Miranda Tringis gives educational talks on the use of herbs and essential oils
- Pieris, the father of the donkeys talks about the history of donkeys in Cyprus, their origin, how important they were in every cypriot’s daily life in the past and their unique characteristics
- Enjoy a delicious traditional cypriot buffet in the gorgeous stone built restaurant
- Dance to traditional music with the local bands and dancers
- Kids can take part in crafts, baking, storytelling and ride on donkeys of course!
This festival is a must for anyone who wants to have a fun day out with nature and animals, celebrating Cypriot culture and traditions!
The proceeds of this festival go to charity.
Here is Pieris Georgiades, founder of Golden Donkeys farm with one of his many donkeys. He tells the story of this gorgeous humble animal. Back in the day, cypriots needed donkeys for work and transport and they were man’s best friend.
Children can go on donkey rides around the beautiful farm, as they are lightweight.
The farm is entirely made of stone and has many rooms you can visit. In each room you can see traditional cypriot clothing, agricultural tools, pottery and tools. One of the oldest olive trees stands in the middle of the farm proudly.