HAIR RINSESHair rinses are equally as important as shampoos are. (We recommend you switch to bio shampoos for healthier hair). Rinsing your hair once or twice a week instead of using conditioner, can make your hair stronger, shinier, longer and it has a very long list of benefits: Hair rinses are very inexpensive to make, you may already have all the ingredients at home! What you need:
- Mason jar or glass bottle (the size is up to you, if you want to make a lot, use a larger bottle)
- Apple Cider Vinegar, which will make a wonderful conditioner for your hair, closing the hair shaft and sealing in moisture.
- Herbs will do the rest of the work for your hair! Below is a list of herbs to choose from – you can add more than one kind to your hair rinse!
Fill jar with chosen herb(s).
Add vinegar, covering the herbs and filling the jar.
Cover jar with a piece of waxed paper and a rubber band (vinegar destroys metal lids).
Place in a cool, dark place for 4 to 6 weeks.
Strain and pour into a clean jar.
Herbal vinegar will keep up to 6 months in a cool spot in your kitchen.
To make your hair rinse, add 1 to 2 tablespoons vinegar to 1 cup water.
For a vinegar hair rinse that is ready to be used immediately, make a herbal hair rinse (see recipe below) and add 1 to 2 tablespoons vinegar per 1 cup of water in hair rinse. If hair is dry, decrease vinegar.
QUICK HAIR RINSE – LIKE BREWING A CUP OF TEA!INGREDIENTS
- 2 to 3 tablespoons herbs of your choice
- 2 cups water boiling
Pour boiling water over herbs.
Allow herbs to steep covered for about 30 minutes.
Strain out the herbs.
After shampooing, pour the rinse over your hair. If you have long hair, you may want to dip the ends in the mixture first, then pour the solution over your head.
Massage the rinse into your scalp.
Wash out with water, or leave in.
- You can keep this rinse in the fridge for about a week. If you plan on taking it out of the fridge for using, take it out a few hours before showering so that it’s back to room temperature.
- Use a wooden hair brush! They are better than plastic ones. Plastic brushes and combs cause electrostatic charge which makes the hair dry. Wooden brushes and combs prevents the hair from drying out because it helps to distribute oil from our scalp to hair! It also massages the scalp, which promotes blood circulation and helps hair growth.
- Essential oils. Add one drop of lavender, or rosemary or both to your brush and gently start brushing from scalp to the ends of your hair. These oils are favorite hair product ingredients and using them neat on your scalp will promote hair growth, eliminate dandruff, relieve itchy and irritated scalp, and may help hair loss and baldness.
- Drink nettle tea! Nettle contains Vitamins A, C and K, as well as several B vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and sodium. Drink nettle tea regularly to promote hair growth, but also to nourish the whole body with these precious vitamins and minerals!
- Eat good food and avoid take outs. You are what you eat, remember? If you eat good food, your body will get the nutrition it needs to look good on the outside too! Fresh, seasonal vegetables, fruit, fish and legumes (Mediterranean diet essentials) are going to be your best friend!
- Exercise! Feel good exercise is essential to the mind and body and it is proven that it makes people happier! The better your body feels and the happier you feel transforms your looks! Life is too short for excuses and to be lazy, always remember to take care of the most important person in your life, YOU!