Struggling to wake up even when you’re already at the office?
There are many reasons why you can feel tired, even when you haven’t been all that active or stressed. But first, you need to understand where energy comes from in order to gain it, here are 3 sources:
- Food: Your body needs glucose, from carbohydrates , but it can also use fatty acids from fats and amino acids from proteins. It is very important that you put yourself first – so even when you don’t have time to cook, try cooking meals and keep them in containers to take with you to work or find good quality places to buy ready made healthy meals.
- Exercise is a must, as it releases stress and helps fight depression and boosts energy levels. When you exercise often, you will get better sleep at night too, which will also help fight fatigue.
- Lifestyle plays a major role in your energy levels and overall happiness. Whatever your lifestyle is, try to balance it as much as possible, in order to be able to take care of yourself as much as you take care of others!
Breakfast or no breakfast, start your day with a large glass of water and 20 drops of one or more energizing extract(s):
- Tribulus Extract is the number one extract for boosting energy levels. It enhances physical endurance in athletes and may boost muscle mass and reduce fat. A power tonic for body.
- Gotu Kola Extract, known as the ‘longevity herb’, boosts cognitive function, improves blood circulation, reduces fatigue. It is rich in triterpenoid compounds, which beneficially affect collagen – which means it helps get rid of scars.
- Nettle Leaf Extract is full of vitamins (A, C, K, as well as several B vitamins), minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and sodium), fats (linoleic acid, linolenic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid and oleic acid), amino acids, polyphenols and pigments. What does this mean? Its nutrients are antioxidants for your body and nourish the heart, the circulatory system, kidneys and liver. Nettle leaf boosts your energy levels and immune system.
Not a fan of extracts? You can drink a tea made of the above herbs 2-3 times a day with some honey or stevia leaf to sweeten it.
Below are more tea options to boost your energy levels, as well as boost your immune system at the same time:
- Nettle Tea
- Vitality Tea
- Energy Tea
- Green Tea
- Rock Rose
- Dandelion Leaf
- Green Tea with Jasmine and Bergamot
- Green Tea with Apple and Cinnamon
Take another 20 drops of an energizing extract.
For a pick-me-up kick lightly spray Rosemary rosewater (hydrosol) all over your face and over your head. Your skin will absorb the benefits and the aroma will instantly ‘wake you up’.
What is Rosemary Hydrosol? It is 100% rosewater distilled from Rosemary in our distillation room. It has the same benefits as its essential oil.
What will this do exactly? Spraying rosemary on your face and head energizes, stimulates you, helps you focus, while also revitalizing and cleaning your skin AND boosts hair growth when you spray an extra amount on your scalp!
Another option is Aromatherapy at Work:
Take an oil burner, some candles and a bottle of rosemary essential oil with you to work and keep them there. Add water or wax in the burner’s bowl with 2-3 drops of rosemary and feel focused, sharp, energized and get in a better mood fast with long lasting effects.
You are home. Take a deep breath, and relax. Eat a light meal, have a relaxing tea and enjoy winding down. Here are 3 tasty teas to help you digest, relax and get you sleepy:
If you battle with insomnia, Sleep Tight extract may help you sleep.
Recharge your batteries with a good night’s sleep and notice the difference it makes the next day.